Colorado is a vibrant city for adventurous souls, with its mountains, rivers, lakes, deserts, and wildlife. The state of Colorado has many things to offer to visitors.
The best time to visit Colorado is from May through September. During this period, you can enjoy the warm weather and beautiful scenery. However, it will be cold in most parts of the state if you are planning to travel during the winter.
The State of Colorado is located in the Western part of the United States. New Mexico borders it on the north, Utah on the east, Wyoming on the south, Kansas on the west, Nebraska on the northwest, and Oklahoma on the northeast. The state’s total area is 626,976 sq km (246,858 sq mi)—the capital of the state, Denver.
Top 10 Attractions In Colorado
Check the list and decide what is best for you! A person that loves adventure.
1. Rocky Mountain National Park: This national park was established in 1915 and covered an area of 1,715 square miles. The park is situated at an altitude of 4,094 feet (1.25 km) above sea level. The park offers various activities such as hiking, camping, fishing, horseback riding, mountain biking, skiing, snowboarding, and rock climbing.
2. Mesa Verde National Park: Established in 1906, this national park is one of the oldest parks in the country. The park consists of over 700 cliff dwellings built over a thousand years ago. Some of these dwellings are up to six stories high.
3. Great Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve: Located in San Miguel County, this preserve protects North America’s most extensive dune system. The dunes cover about 5,000 acres and reach heights up to 150 feet (45.72 m).
4. Cripple Creek District Mining Museum: This museum preserves the history of gold mining in the region. You can see old buildings used in the past for prospecting, extracting ore, and working mines.
5. Dinosaur Ridge Fossil Beds: These fossil beds contain fossils dating back to the late Jurassic period. The site also includes the world’s second-largest collection of stegosaurus tracks.
6. Garden of the Gods: This garden is home to several bizarre rock formations. One formation is called “the wizard,” which looks like a wizard sitting on his throne.
7. Mount Evans Scenic Byway: This scenic road goes all around Mount Evans, the highest peak in Colorado.
8. Lake City: This town is famous for its annual rodeo events. You should not miss this event if you want to witness some talented cowboys performing their skills.
9. Berthoud Pass: This pass crosses the Continental Divide and provides breathtaking views of the surrounding areas.
10. Pikes Peak: This mountain is well known for its challenging trail that winds around the summit. You must apply for permits in advance if you want to take your bike up the hill.
We’ve listed some places to stay in Colorado:
1. Best Western Plus Golden Inn And Suites: This hotel is near the airport. The property features free Wi-Fi access throughout the premises. All rooms have cable TV, refrigerator, microwave oven, coffee maker, iron, hair dryer, and desk.
2. Quality Hotel: This hotel is ideally located just off I-25 and close to many popular attractions. Guests can enjoy the outdoor pool, fitness center, business services, and meeting facilities.
3. Red Lion Inn: This hotel is located in downtown Colorado Springs. The property has a restaurant, bar, and lounge where guests can unwind after exploring the city.
4. Ramada Plaza At Cherry Hills Village: This hotel is conveniently located near shopping malls, restaurants, and entertainment venues. A complimentary continental breakfast is provided daily.
5. Hilton Garden Inn: This hotel is perfect if you want a stay in Denver. It offers an indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, laundry service, and free Wi-Fi.
6. Courtyard by Marriott: This hotel is near the University of Colorado at Boulder. The property has a 24-hour front desk, free Wi-Fi, and a seasonal outdoor pool.
Yes. Most people need to get the [ESTA US VISA]; by clicking here, you can do the process in a few steps. This is 100% online; no need to visit the embassy.